So what exactly causes muscle soreness after exercise? Can it be cured? Is exercise only effective if the body is sore? Today, I will give you answers to common questions about sports.
Muscle soreness is a normal physiological phenomenon
People who seldom participate in sports in ordinary times suddenly participate in sports, or interrupt physical exercise for a long time, or exercise for too long or too much intensity, which will cause muscle soreness.
Muscle pain can be divided into immediate pain and delayed pain according to the time it appears. Muscle soreness generally refers to delayed-onset pain, which usually occurs on the second or third day after exercise. This is a normal physiological phenomenon.
During exercise, the muscles need oxygen and energy substances to contract. After high-intensity exercise, the human body will produce a large amount of lactic acid. If it cannot be eliminated in time, it will cause what we call delayed pain.
The occurrence of delayed muscle soreness is related to the following factors:
(1) It is proportional to age, the older you are, the easier it is to have soreness;
(2) It is proportional to the training intensity. The greater the intensity, the easier it is to have soreness;
(3) It is related to the duration of exercise. The longer the duration, the more severe the soreness, but when it reaches a certain critical point, the soreness will no longer increase;
(4) It is related to whether the exercise method is familiar or not, and whether the muscles used are frequently used, that is, unfamiliar exercise methods and unused muscles are prone to soreness;
(5) Related to the form of exercise, eccentric exercise is prone to soreness.
Tel: 0595 22493278
Add: 26# yushi road , quanzhou econimic and tecnoldgy development zone fujian china